Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
I’ve met a few girls who go there, and they are complete and utter snobs. I mean, there’s popular, and then there’s being a bitch about it.
Page 30, Reaper by L.S. Murphy
There’s no way sixteen year old Quincy Amarante will become the fifth grim reaper. None. Not over her shiny blue Mustang. Her Jimmy Choos. Or her dead body.
She’s supposed to enjoy her sophomore year, not learn about some freaky future Destiny says she has no choice but to fulfill.
It doesn’t take long for Quincy to realize the only way out of the game is to play along especially since Death can find her anyway, anywhere, anytime. And does.
Like when she’s reassuring her friends she wants nothing to do with former best friend Ben Moorland, who’s returned from god-knows-where, and fails. Miserably.
Instead of maintaining her coveted popularity status, Quincy’s goes down like the Titanic.
Maybe … just maybe … that’s okay.
It seems, perhaps, becoming a grim reaper isn’t just about the dead but more about a much needed shift in Quincy’s priorities—from who she thinks she wants to be to who she really is.
Just started reading this, hoping it’s entertaining!
What’s teasing YOU this week?
*This quote may change with the final copy of the book.
Latest posts by Jennifer @ The Bawdy Book Blog (see all)
- Audiobook Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer - March 11, 2014
- ARC: ASK AGAIN LATER by Liz Czukas - March 5, 2014
- Audiobook Review: Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger - March 4, 2014